Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Everybody Drives- Get Over It.

One of my best friends got his driver's permit today. It made me realize how whenever someone says 'oh, I got my permit', everyone makes some unintentionally snotty comment along the lines of 'uh oh, now I'd better get off the road! Hahahahahahahahahahahahah!'.

You could have been driving in junior league auto races since you were 10 and yet everyone feels the need to make some sort of comment. Even the little twats who don't have their permit make remarks. 'Oh, I guess I'd better wait a bit to start driving!'. No. Stop it. Now.

Slightly related: I also hate people who wait too long to get their licenses. Come on, you're a legal adult; if you're not going to move out of your parents' house, or at least go to college, get a goddamn car and a job. You may be able to list all of the characters in every Final Fantasy ever, that doesn't give you street cred, or any 'cred' at all. Knock it off and quit your bitching, upper-middle class suburban white fat kid.

(I can say all that because I'm a lower-middle class country white girl, who has not yet disappointed my parents. Just wait a few years until I'm broke, struggling through college, and up to my ears in student loans. You'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment